Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Manila’s Finest Association NORCAL Induction Night

MESSAGE

It is a great privilege and deep pride for me to extend my warmest greetings to all our guest, friends and fellow police officers in this special occasion, our Induction of Officers and Ball.
To serve as the President of the Manila’s Finest Association, Norcal, USA is a great honor and truly a priceless experience. Allow me to say a million thanks to our Members, Officers and Advisers for all the sacrifices and unselfish collective efforts you are doing for the organization. To our donors, sponsors and friends, I am deeply elated by your wholehearted support.
Together, we join hands in renewing our commitment to support our association’s worthy projects.












(Sgd.) Isagani Pugao President


REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES
OFFICE OF THE MAYOR CITY OF MANILA

Mayor Alfredo Lim, Manila

MESSAGE


AS I write this message to the men and women of Manila's Finest in far away North California, U.S.A. I am literally on the solemn side of memory lanes. I remember my humble beginning as an ordinary patrolman and you made it more eloquent with may poignant letter calling me as a man of action and inviting me to be your guest speaker and inducting officer. As you predicted in your letter of invitation, I have been re-elected and proclaimed as Mayor of Manila with a victory margin of 214,000 votes over my worthy opponent. It was an endorsement of my philosophy in life: to be the power of the powerless, popularly known as "Katapat". "I will do whether popular or not the agenda of governance that will redound to the good of the greater number. Whether I am hailed for my popular act or criticized for the tough choices that I make, it hardly matters to me. I put premium on the bigger scheme of things; the social justice of my decision that would make a difference in the lives of our people."
This philosophy became a political party in 1998. The philosophy was translated into a platform of government made popular by associating it with the KKK of our famous hero Andres Bonifacio. Its modern name stands for KAUNLARAN, KAPAYAPAAN AND KATARUNGAN. The slogans were made realities in 2010 and a promised of more realities up to 2013.
The party is now in coalition with the Liberal Party with a platform of government "kung walang corrupt, walang mahirap". It got a high mandate now you have every reason to be proud as a Filipino.
They say: "that man, proposes but God disposes". I will not be with you on your exciting induction ceremony. No amount of explanation will justify my excuse. Justice Rodolfo Palattao, a personal friend and who was also a policeman in Quezon City, will be my representative in your momentous gathering.
In closing, please allow me to repeat the prayer of a Spartan General in the Battle of Thermopilae "I shall pass this way but once, so any kind of goodness that I can do, or any act of kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall never pass this way again".
To the new set of officers of the Manila's Finest Association, North California, U.S.A. please accept my warmest congratulations. You are welcome to visit Manila at any time.

Best regards,

(Sgd.) FRED S. LIM
Mayor
City of Manila


San Francisco Consul General Marciano Paynor Jr. delivering his inspirational speech before the Manila's Finest Association members and guests.

Congratulations for a job well done! Left to Right: Fausto Sarmiento, Auditor; Arthur Llanes, Treasurer; Isagani Pugao, MFNC President; Jun Herrera, Board Chairman; Joe 'Tex' Lim, Vice President; Celso Batilo, Adviser; Frank Resulta, Auditor and Jess Dungo, Secretary.

Left to Right: Jun Herrera, Board Chairman; Ms. Cora Imperial, Los Angeles Chapter Representative; Jess Dungo, Secretary; Isagani Pugao, MFNC President; Pol Dechavez, Las Vegas Chapter Representative; Larry Bonnett, Sgt-at-Arm; Jun Yson, Los Angeles Representative; Ms. Sonia Ruiz-Cornell, Treasurer; Frank Resulta, Auditor; Joe 'Tex' Lim, Vice President; Joe Payongayong, New Jersey Chapter President; Ms. Helen Herrera, Asst. First Treasurer; Sammy Sarmiento, Auditor and Art Llanes, Asst. Treasurer; being sworn-in and installed by Justice Rodolfo Palattao of the Philippine Ombudsman Court.

Ombudsman Justice Rodolfo Palattao, representing Manila Mayor Alfredo S. Lim delivering the message and induction speech before the new set of MFNC officers.

No comments:

Post a Comment